Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting new basement space -colour? - pics

Posted by eltada (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 23:12

This is the first time posting (though I have done a lot of reading!) and I am asking for some ideas for my new basement space. It will be a playroom for the kids until they are older and then it will switch to more of a family/entertaiment room.

My husband is going to use paint from Home Depot so I have picked Martha Stewart's CityScape for the walls, MS Gull for the ceiling and I wanted to do an accent wall in MS Mariner (a dark blue). I am just not sure what colour should go where. Should the bulkheads be the wall colour? Is there a rule for an accent wall?

I have included some pics to show the space. As you can see there are a lot of nooks and crannies and bulkheads. The drywall taping and mudding isn't done yet so there are no lights and it was hard to get clear pics.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting new basement space -colour? - pics

We used several accent colors in our basement. Paint is Behr.

My wife and I did everything in the basement DIY. Her original intent was all white walls, using colorful art to brighten the space. I wanted the basement colorful because the rest of home is fairly formal. She then selected colors from the rug you can see on the floor in front of the fireplace. Here's what was selected:
Blue opposite sides of fireplace - Behr Castle Moat
Green by the TV - Behr Dill Pickle

Gray behind the sofa - Behr Down Pour with Pearlescent Glaze to create the stripes (dark portion)
Silver for fireplace - base is Kilz White tinted with 2 oz. Black per gallon then sponge painted with Ralph Lauren Candlelight Silver.

Hope this is helpful.

Photos are linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Basement

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here