Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitchen_monster

Crown Moulding Paint Finish...

kitchen_monster
13 years ago

Hello all.

I am hoping that you may be able to give me some advice. We are planning to paint our maple cabinets white and we are fairly certain that we will be using Cabinet Coat, which is a satin finish. We are debating between having it made in BM White Dove (an off white, but not cream) or BM Simply White (seems like a pretty straight forward 'white white'). If we use White Dove, we will probably have to paint all of the baseboards/door trim in the kitchen to match.. we may be able to get away with not doing it if we use Simply White, though.

But, we're having crown molding added to the top of the cabinets, and also around the entire kitchen at the ceiling (and in the dining room also). And I'm a little worried that if I paint the crown molding on the cabinets in cabinet coat also (satin) and the crown molding a regular latex paint in the same color but a semi-gloss finish (which is what is usually used for trim, correct?), that it will look 'off' since the crown molding at the ceiling will be right 'on top' of the cabinets. And if we went with the same satin/cabinet coat paint for all of the trim, should we also do the trim in the dining room satin (the rooms are next to one another)?

Hopefully this made sense.. it seems to be a little confusing to explain!

Comments (3)