Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with shutter color

Posted by TNmom2four (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 12 at 21:35

I would love to have some help picking out the color for the shutters on our home. The house is a pale yellow, with grayish brick and a wood stained door. The current color for shutters is a bright blue. I have tried olive green, slate, black and sage green on my photo shop tool, though I was having a hard time with it.

I will try to post the different pics below, thought they are not great quality- sorry!
thanks for any and all suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with shutter color

The blue seems a bit too intense. I hope I don't bore you, but I think your shutters would look best in white to match the trim. I looked at lots of yellow house pictures earlier today while trying to help on another thread, and the most attractive yellow houses (IMO), had white trim and shutters. It's a classic combo, very crisp. If you must be colorful, my very amateur opinion is that you might also be able to do a gray or gray/green (or perhaps a shade from the stone?). Hopefully tomorrow funcolors or someone else with a more nuanced and artistic eye than mine will chime in.

o
RE: Help with shutter color

Kudos for your architect for attaching the shutters to the window frames where they belong. Your photo is showing brown brick and a brown roof on my screen, so I am not seeing the colors as they really are.

If you don't get many responses here, try posting this on the Home Decorating forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here