Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
P.S. painbrush immersed in water

Posted by kss1956 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 27, 10 at 21:32

The reason I hope this is okay is because I am too tired and don't have the time to clean the brush versus keeping it in the water.

Thanks again,
Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: P.S. painbrush immersed in water

Thought is may be too late for you, when I am in this situation I put the paint brush in a zip-lock bag, get as much air out as I can and seal it up. I have not yet had a problem with brushes left for several hours up to over night. Sometimes I don't have big enough bags, so I leave the handle sticking out, roll the bag up to keep the plastic tight against the brush and paint and then put tape around the handle to help keep it sealed.

The worst time for me - This March I was painting cabinets and DH was cutting boards in the shop - He opened the house door and hollered "We have to go to the hospital NOW!" Four hours later we were back home and his finger was sewn back together - and I finished my painting.

o
RE: P.S. painbrush immersed in water

I wet it slightly and wrap the bristles tightly with saran wrap or even a plastic bag.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here