Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Putnam Ivory + a little more yellow?

Posted by lauren3110 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 5, 12 at 21:23

Can anyone suggest a color - any brand that would be like putnam ivory with a touch more yellow? It is just a little too tan, but I am having trouble finding something with just a shade more yellow to it. I have samples of Hepplewhite Ivory (too light), Cottage Cream (seems to have a hint of green) and both are just a bit too light I think. I have to finalize paint for our new house and this color will be our entire 1st floor and upstairs hallway so I want to love it! Any suggestions? Putnam ivory in photos online looks like the perfect neutral beige/yellow but in my light just looks tan :-(

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Putnam Ivory + a little more yellow?

Are you sure? Have you tested it - like painted out samples and looked at it in different locations?

If yes, then you know it's beige in your house. If not tested you might be surprised by how much yellow comes out to play once it's painted in the entire 3d expanse of space.

o

It may be too light for you, but my parents painted the main areas of their house in BM Palace White. It changes throughout the day, but sometimes it looks like a pale beige/off-white, and other times it looks like a nice pale gold.

I sampled Rich Cream, which looks orange-ish on the chip but nice and gold on the wall. Again, it may be too light for you (almost the same LRV as Hepplewhite Ivory), but if so, you can check out the next color down, Desert Tan, since it's in the Color Preview fandeck and the colors on the strips actually correspond to each other (unlike the Classic Colors fandeck).

Here is a link that might be useful: Palace White pictured in the 2nd post down

o

I tested them on big pieces of foam core that I painted. I know I feel crazy, but putnam ivory does not read yellow at all in my space - I so thought this was going to be the right color :-( I got swatched of BM summer harvest and SW Ivoire but I think summer harvest may be too light and ivoire seems to have a hint of green (or am I crazy?). How well does it work to have formulas darkened say to 125% ?

Palace white in the first photo looked great - too light though in the second :( Looked at Desert tan chip too today but think it is too orangey.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here