Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wolfpackmom_gw

SW Believable Buff ??

Wolfpackmom
10 years ago

We are painting our kitchen and family room - originally thought a creamy yellow - furniture has arrived and a yellow is not going to work (we currently have a golden yellow and it does not look good with new furniture.. All the furniture in the family room is a mahogany color and the kitchen cabinets are oak - I need something that blends into both rooms.
So I am back to beige - we have BM Shaker Beige in 2 story natural light foyer - this will be too dark in kitchen and fam rm. Today bought two samples - BM Monroe Bisque and Dunn Edwards Boutique Beige..both are too dark. Both of these rooms have late afternoon sun and artificial lighting.
I cannot keep spending the money for samples ($14. today for 2).
Can anyone recommend a soft light beige (that will not look peach or pink)? I was online looking at SW Believable Buff - any thoughts? Any suggestions are much appreciated! Painting this weekend and it can't be put off.

Comments (5)

• tuesday_2008
    10 years ago

DD has Believable Buff in her entire downstairs with each room fairly visible to each other. It is a very pretty neutral, but does take on a slight golden tone in a lot of natural light during the day. She has two sky-lights in her family room so it does look a little more golden. In the other rooms and at night it appears a nice soft neutral beige/tan.

I truly think the small amount of golden undertone would actually look good with some oak.
    She doesn't have a lot of oak except for some dated end tables left over from their college days. Her nicer wood pieces that they have slowly picked up since college are a darker, warm toned wood and her wood floors are a true brown with no red tones. Her kitchen is white.

Scroll down to Superchick's kitchen in the attached link - she has BB with oak cabinets.

Here is a link that might be useful: Older GW link

• Wolfpackmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Tuesday! I will take a look at Putnam Ivory today - I'm afraid it may still be a bit dark. I am sitting in the family room now - it's quite sunny out (morning sun) and the areas I painted (BM monroe bisque and DE boutique beige on the kitchen and fam rm are very dark. These rooms stay relatively dark so I think I need to go much lighter.
    What does anyone think about BM Gentle Cream and Hepplewhite Ivory?

• bpath
    10 years ago

I posted on "decorating" but wanted to add that in my north-facing sunless foyer, Hepplewhite Ivory makes it look like there's a big window with indirect sunlight, or a solatube.

• Wolfpackmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

bpathome - My husband told me the back of the house faces west - I am thinking northwest. When I painted areas of the hepplewhite ivory on the back walls of the fam rm and kitchen (with afternoon sunlight coming in the windows on the same wall), in the fam rm it looks white and in the kitchen it looks peachy! I used a cheap foam brush and am painting over two different colors so that might have something to do with it. I don't see yellow in it at all. I'm so confused!

• Wolfpackmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for your input and suggestions! Hubby picked BM Philadelphia Cream - I couldn't make up my mind so I went along with him. Did the fam rm today and will do the kitchen tomorrow. It's ok - I'm definitely not in love with it - but it's ok. I know paint color varies even in your own home from room to room no less a computer screen...but I must say - not one picture on Houzz looks like Philadelphia Cream in my house. It's not cream, yellow or beige. I'm not sure what color to call it.