Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint Electric Baseboard.

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 20:04

Sorry if this is a duplicate post...cant find the I thought I posted earlier.

We are finishing up our basement. I am painting baseboard now. We will have 3 four long hardwired electric baseboards bought at HD installed in a few weeks.

While shopping I found some rustolium 2x in the same color as my baseboard - navy blue.

Can the baseboards be spray painted?
Are there any fire issues related to painting them---they get hot right? Would there be any smell issues? Are there any code issues?

If we were to paint them, now is the time since they have not been installed. So, is there any downside to doing so?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint Electric Baseboard.

paint them, no problems

o

thought it would be ok...just was not sure if they get hot enough to cuase the paint to peel or something...or could catch fire...

o

they don't get that hot

( at least they shouldn't)

o

these are new out of the package...is any prep needed? I plan to spray them with the rustolium, several thin coats, outside.

o

If they are factory painted, then you should do the normal stuff...sand to dull the finish, prime with something that will bond and then topcoat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here