Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I paint an asphalt driveway?

Posted by brenda5b (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 28, 10 at 18:51

We recently purchased a mobile home with attached garage and it must have been a carport before the garage was built as the floor of the garage is asphalt and makes the space very dark....and we are thinking of applying a Martex coating on it to brighten it up.
This product is a mixture of paint and chips that is trowelled on the surface and then sealed.
We already have enough of this product leftover from our previous home and were really pleased with the result there.
Does anyone have any experience with anything like this?

DH worries that there is too much oil content in the asphalt for the product to adhere to it.

Any input would be appreciated!

Many thanks!
Brenda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I paint an asphalt driveway?

On the can of your product, there should be a customer service line #. Call it and ask for the technical assistance person, or a chemist, they will be the ones who can say for sure whether it is a viable plan.
Casey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here