Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luckylife_gw

exterior house paint color help

luckylife
13 years ago

Hi. I am new to this site and have never posted. I have read many of the comments and find the feedback to be very helpful. I was hoping you might be able to lend a hand. We are repainting our colonial style home and need some color advice. I hope that you can view our inspiration album through this link http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=danbrun2&target=ALBUM&id=5491197223662539217&authkey=Gv1sRgCNKS5e6vwuWCyQE&feat=email . We are purchasing Sherwin Williams paint per our painting contract, but we are willing to color match to Benjamin Moore, if necessary. Our neighborhood has many brick homes with neutral trims such as putty, beige, and cream. The neighborhood is very neutral, classic and traditional. We would like to enhance the curb appeal of our home for resale in the near future. We have spoken to a contractor about adding architectural elements such as door trim, shutters, wall sconces, and new hardware. (The trim around the windows would be removed and replaced with painted shutters and decorative trim.) Please excuse the landscape, we have plans to upgrade there as well. We have over 20 samples of paint and cannot seem to decide the best fit for the style of our home and neighborhood. We want to stay in the neutrals. The front of the house is North facing and partially shaded. The back of the house gets a very strong sun, even in the Midwest. We have a brown roof and light colored concrete driveway. There is a large porch on the back of the house. I like the clean, crisp contrast in many of our inspiration pictures. We don't know the exact color of our house currently, however it seems to be close to Tony Taupe and Mega Griege. (The house pic is in web album.) We have tried Tobacco Road and Whole Wheat as well, but we are concerned the yellow/gold tone will be overwhelming. We are considering an accent color on the door such as burgundy. Any suggestions on exterior color, shutter style and color, door trim style, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)