Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Kitchen paint color (w/pix)??

Posted by stannley (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 11 at 17:32

I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel and hoping for some suggestions about paint color. We'd planned to purchase paint over the 4th holiday but didn't like either of the sample cans we purchased (BM Flora or BM Buxton Blue) Flora was too green/dark, and Buxton Blue looked like hospital scrubs (too green/blue).

The kitchen is dark-ish with only one small window, but opens into a bright breakfast room with lots of natural light. I want to keep it light and get away from all the browns in my granite and cabinetry. I'm looking at BM Quiet Moments, and also wonder about BM Palladian Blue. Here are some pix:

View from foyer to kitchen (note blue/green color here):
Photobucket

Island with old cabinet in background:
Photobucket

Main prep area:
Photobucket

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Kitchen paint color (w/pix)??

You might get more responses if you post this in the Home Decorating forum and enlarge the photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Decorating forum

o

thanks for the heads-up!

o

Or the kitchen forum, also very, very active.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here