Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lexmomof3

Exterior White trim - is there a "standard" SW color

lexmomof3
10 years ago

Our house is red brick with ivory buff mortar. We have vinyl soffits and some trim in colonial white by Certainteed. I want the Hardi plank trim to be a soft white but it also needs to be close in color to the colonial white vinyl. Is there a "standard" sherwin Williams white that is typically used on exterior trim?

Comments (5)

• Fluffeebiskits1
    10 years ago

Ive heard of many using SW snowbound. Seems to be popular. Its hard to tell from pics on the monitor, but if you go into the SW store there is a book called "brights and whites" with all the popular chips that you could match the siding to. I also know there are, or used to be vinyl siding colors for some of the paint lines. You may want to inquire a out this too.

• graywings123
    10 years ago

In my opinion, the differences you can see among various shades of white disappear when you take them outside.

• lexmomof3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I got the booklet and cards with extra white, pure white and snowbound. I do like snowbound so I'm going to take it over and see how that looks. The SW guy said most use extra white. I just don't want the white trim to stand out but rather complement the red brick and ivory buff mortar.

• lsst
    10 years ago

We have a white house with white trim and we use SW Duration Extra White. It blends well with white vinyl soffits.

• mariacatarina
    10 years ago

I want to repair some of the spots on the eaves and on the fascia and then paint the entire trim of the house (white). I can find out what to use but I don't know how much to pay. The house is 1008 sf and only the corners of the fascia that have been battered by the wind and rain are really in need of repairs, so there will not be a lot of scraping but still, I don't know what the ball park $ is for this. Can anyone give me an idea please.
    thanks