Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which primer for unfinished wood cabinets and white paint

Posted by smith_ja (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 12 at 16:52

I am going to paint my new unfinished maple cabinet doors with Sherwin Williams ProClassic Interior Acrylic Latex Enamel. The paint is Semigloss White. I need to know what kind of primer to use with this white paint. I need something that will not raise the grain of the wood or yellow with age. Can anyone help me pick the right primer.

Thanks,
Judy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which primer for unfinished wood cabinets and white paint

Any quality bonding primer will work, Pro Block from SW or Bullseye 123 are good

o
RE: Which primer for unfinished wood cabinets and white paint

The primer will not yellow with age, only the finish coat, which is highly unlikely with an acrylic product. Znisser Cover Stain if your trying to do it for minimum dollar, and you open a window [smelly oil].
Or almost anyone's oil/acrylic enamel undercoater, with oil recommended.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here