Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White paint for kitchen cabs with Carrara marble

Posted by breezygirl (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 16:22

I swore I wasn't going to obsess over the exact white paint for my new kitchen cabs, but I can't help myself. I've been tearing my hair out and now must decide. My counters will be a very gray (almost blue-gray) Carrara marble.

Carrara slabs side by side

Close-up. The tone is much more blue-gray in person.

Carrara slabs closeup

I'm having trouble finding a white that is warm enough not to look stark, but cool enough not to look yellow when next to the Carrara. My cab painter took it upon herself to do a sample door in SW Alabaster, which looks great until you hold it next to the Carrara where it turns very yellow. Next, I chose BM Chantilly Lace which looked a bit creamy on the chip. I thought it would be perfect. When you get the painted door sample near the marble it turns very hospital cold white. I have a big wad of white chips, but I'm not good at visualizing how a chip translates to a cabinet door.

At this point under my time crunch, I can only consider paints that are available locally like SW, BM, Kelly Moore and anything at HD or Lowes. I'd like to use BM Satin Impervo Waterborne for the actual paint. Any color suggestions? Or ideas how to choose? Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White paint for kitchen cabs with Carrara marble

We have a carrara marble back splash and used BM Simply White. It is a really nice white and goes with everything.

Photobucket

o
RE: White paint for kitchen cabs with Carrara marble

Thanks Robin! Based on the suggestion of Simply White from you and one other person, I tried it out along with White Dove, Gardenia, Mascarpone, SW Snowbound, a few of my own formula concoctions, and dozens of big paint chips.

Simply White is the definite winner! Thanks again for your suggestion. I hope my finished kitchen looks half as good as yours!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here