Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
breezygirl_gw

White paint for kitchen cabs with Carrara marble

breezygirl
12 years ago

I swore I wasn't going to obsess over the exact white paint for my new kitchen cabs, but I can't help myself. I've been tearing my hair out and now must decide. My counters will be a very gray (almost blue-gray) Carrara marble.

Close-up. The tone is much more blue-gray in person.

I'm having trouble finding a white that is warm enough not to look stark, but cool enough not to look yellow when next to the Carrara. My cab painter took it upon herself to do a sample door in SW Alabaster, which looks great until you hold it next to the Carrara where it turns very yellow. Next, I chose BM Chantilly Lace which looked a bit creamy on the chip. I thought it would be perfect. When you get the painted door sample near the marble it turns very hospital cold white. I have a big wad of white chips, but I'm not good at visualizing how a chip translates to a cabinet door.

At this point under my time crunch, I can only consider paints that are available locally like SW, BM, Kelly Moore and anything at HD or Lowes. I'd like to use BM Satin Impervo Waterborne for the actual paint. Any color suggestions? Or ideas how to choose? Help!

Comments (2)