Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teresatree1

Need help picking paint colors

teresatree
13 years ago

Our home is currently the light flat color the builder painted all rooms. We have kids and a dog, so our house is looking pretty beat up now! We have a living room/dining room/foyer, kitchen, family room and hallways we would like to paint.

The kitchen has natural oak cabinets with Butterum Granite Formica counter top. Curtains are brown/gold stripe. I would like a darker/deep color for the kitchen, to help hide wear.

The living room/dining room has our china cabinet in Wheat from Ethan Allen. It is the only furniture we selected for the room, the rest of the furniture is dark cherry furniture that was passed down. The floor is a medium dark wood. There is a brown leather couch, gold tone chairs and brown curtains. The dining room chairs I have reupholstered in a fabric I like, and I will make matching pillows for the living room. The fabric is dark brown with green and terracotta flowers.

For the family room and halls, I just want a neutral that will look good with the other two colors and it not too light or too dark or to fleshy. The living room has cherry and black furniture.

I think I need "new eyes" on this. I have 6 different paint samples on the walls now, lol, still don't know if I am on the right track. I can use Ben Moore paint or Valspar paints. I would really appreciate thoughts on the three paint colors!

Thanks bunches!

Teresa

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022