Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Benjamin Moore favorite blue paint colors

Posted by sashaboodles (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 29, 10 at 15:26

I am looking for a BM blue paint color for my laundry room which is off of kitchen. Kitchen paint is Ladyfinger. Any suggestions or pics?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Benjamin Moore favorite blue paint colors

My fav. color blue has always been a robins egg color. Years ago, probably when Martha Stewart was with SW, she talked about a pale aqua blue that she thought always was good for a laundry room. Just thought I'd write that thought!

o

sashaboodles, it would be oh so helpful if you could post pictures of your Ladyfinger kitchen and the laundry room so we can get a better idea of what blue might work best for you.

o

I just went through a blue bathroom painting. It was horrendous getting the shade of blue right. What I thought looked good on the card, looked like a pastel baby boys room. Several times! I was going for a cooler, muted, spa blue, but keep ending up with the wrong thing. Too dark, too light, too aqua, too gray, too blue.

I have no natural light in that bathroom so it affected the choice a lot. Does your laundry room have natural light? I have almond tub,toilet,sink so I didn't want too light or it wouldn't contrast well, but not too dark either to not be a cave. Lady Finger is dark enough too, that you will probably want something dark enough for good contrast.

I ended up with Wedgewood Gray, which doesn't look gray in the least. I have Lady Finger in another room and I just put my large sample board of Wedgewood Gray next to Lady Finger and it looks fine.

The first blue I thought I would love was Santorini Blue. Turned out to be too baby-blue-boys-room when up. Nantucket Fog was very similar. Solitude (Affinity) was gorgeous but potentially too dark for my space. Ditto Nimbus Gray (not really gray). Buxton Blue was interesting for a hint of aqua. Nice but I was afraid too dark for me. Yarmouth Blue similar but lighter, I was afraid too light.

Too many choices! Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here