Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sashaboodles

Benjamin Moore favorite blue paint colors

sashaboodles
13 years ago

I am looking for a BM blue paint color for my laundry room which is off of kitchen. Kitchen paint is Ladyfinger. Any suggestions or pics?

Comments (3)

• nanjean68
    13 years ago

My fav. color blue has always been a robins egg color. Years ago, probably when Martha Stewart was with SW, she talked about a pale aqua blue that she thought always was good for a laundry room. Just thought I'd write that thought!

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    13 years ago

sashaboodles, it would be oh so helpful if you could post pictures of your Ladyfinger kitchen and the laundry room so we can get a better idea of what blue might work best for you.

• WendyB 5A/MA
    13 years ago

I just went through a blue bathroom painting. It was horrendous getting the shade of blue right. What I thought looked good on the card, looked like a pastel baby boys room. Several times! I was going for a cooler, muted, spa blue, but keep ending up with the wrong thing. Too dark, too light, too aqua, too gray, too blue.

I have no natural light in that bathroom so it affected the choice a lot. Does your laundry room have natural light? I have almond tub,toilet,sink so I didn't want too light or it wouldn't contrast well, but not too dark either to not be a cave. Lady Finger is dark enough too, that you will probably want something dark enough for good contrast.

I ended up with Wedgewood Gray, which doesn't look gray in the least. I have Lady Finger in another room and I just put my large sample board of Wedgewood Gray next to Lady Finger and it looks fine.

The first blue I thought I would love was Santorini Blue. Turned out to be too baby-blue-boys-room when up. Nantucket Fog was very similar. Solitude (Affinity) was gorgeous but potentially too dark for my space. Ditto Nimbus Gray (not really gray). Buxton Blue was interesting for a hint of aqua. Nice but I was afraid too dark for me. Yarmouth Blue similar but lighter, I was afraid too light.

Too many choices! Good luck!

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz