Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting pearlescent stripes???

Posted by blonde1125 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 16, 11 at 15:14

Now that our daughter had moved out I will be turning her old room into an office/guest room. I have painted the walls a light tan color but would like to paint wide pearlescent stripes on one wall which will give a little glam to the room.
Does anyone have experience with pearlized glaze? I really just want a glaze and don't really want a pearl paint like they sell at Lowe's.
If you have ever used it, can you tell me what brand you used, if you liked the results and any tricks that maybe you learned along the way?
Thanks much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting pearlescent stripes???

This is a wall in our basement. I used Behr Opal Pearlescent glaze. A friend who helped me had used it previously. The only thing I remember was the need to make certain edges of the tape were adhered in order to prevent leaks.

Media Viewing Area

o

Thanks. I had not thought of Behr. I had looked at Rustoleum and BM. I will check them out before I decide.

o

UPDATE I went to BM and got a quart of there Metallic Pearlescent paint and had it tinted to a color that was very close to the existing wall color. Then I taped off my stripes and rolled on the pearlescent paint. I was apprehensive because of some reviews I had read, but it was very easy to apply and I love the way it turned out! My stripes were only 10 1/2" wide so I did not have to deal with a lot of the roller edge overlap issues. It worked great on the stripes, but not sure how easy it would be to do a whole wall or ceiling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here