Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teachbls

Missing color? Pratt and Lambert

teachbls
16 years ago

Hi, all -

Our master bath was inspired by one featured in a recent issue of kitchen and bath ideas magazine (BH & G). The paint is described as Pratt and Lambert's "Honey Dew Blue" - Oddly enough, I've not been able to find this color on the Pratt and Lambert site - does anybody have any suggestions as to what the issue might be? It's a very pale, soft sort of a robin's egg ..thanksfor whatever help you might be able to give!

Robin

Comments (10)

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    16 years ago

There is no paint color by the name of Honey Dew Blue in any major paint manufacturer's palette.

However, P&L has some of the best blue-greens, green-blues to choose from. No doubt you could find a pale, soft robin's egg blue in their palette that would work in your room.

• teachbls
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, funcolors. I think you're probably right - even a google search was fruitless. How strange that the magazine would give the wrong name! Now to find a Pratt and Lambert dealer in Boston...we have a very good BM distributor up the street - maybe I'll bring them my magazine picture and see what they can do with it. Happy painting!

• beth9
    16 years ago

Call Pratt and Lambert for the color. They dropped a color that I wanted, but they still how the formula %, so the store can still mix it.

Call them to see if this was a color that they used to carry by that name.

• su-a
    16 years ago

I too wanted to use this colour. I contacted P and L and this is their response:

"The color name Honey Dew Blue is discontinued. The closest
    color match to that color is Makaha 19-32. Usually magazine adds will not look like the actual color, I would
    suggest to take the add and the chip to the local P&L store and have them color match for you."

• leestreet
    16 years ago

A friend sent me this very cool website: http://www.colorcharts.org/ccorg/resources/results.aspx?find=6052-W108-ACPW

According to them, Benjamin Moore silver crest is 94% match. I picked it up today and it looks beautiful.

• Cella
    16 years ago

I believe that they had misidentified the color only in that they added the word "blue" at the end. If you look on colorcharts.org "honey dew" is very similar to "Makaha", only honey dew has more blue in it. Both are beautiful colors.

Cella

• patricianat
    16 years ago

Can I tell you that some of the colorcharts colors are 180 degrees off from the actual color.

• helene_nash
    15 years ago

Although this is coming too late to help those of you who were searching for this answer back in the summer of 2007- it may help anyone referencing the BH&G Kitchen and Bath piece featuring the classic master bath that used the Honey Dew paint in the future. The paint is, in fact, a Pratt & Lambert color à simply called -- Honey Dew -- (there is no Ãblueà in the paintÃs name). I had it mixed as Pratt & Lambert's Red Label (more expensive but worth it) in an acrylic with a very slight sheen (not quite flat, not as shiny as egg shell). It is beautiful à especially with Benjamin MooreÃs soft yellow ÃSimply Irresistibleà (#205) on the ceilings, and pale white crown moldings. It is in my master bathroom -- and it is gorgeous.

• helene_nash
    15 years ago

p.s. to "Missing Color"
    It is Pratt & Lambert
    1309 Honeydew
    (one word, not two)