Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lam702

Thats what I get for buying at HD

lam702
9 years ago

I am finishing up painting my kitchen. I should have known better, but I got Behr paint from HD. I've used it before and despite folks on here not loving it, I found it did a pretty good job. And the Behr paint had the perfect shades that I wanted. However, I was painting my kitchen, which has a chair rail. I was planning on 2 different shades, the lighter shade on top, a darker one below the rail. So I went to HD showed them the 2 colors I wanted, which were very similar, only one was a bit darker than the other. I started with the color for the top, seemed a bit darker than I thought it would be, but still, I liked it so I painted away. Finish that, go to open up the can for below the chair rail, it looks to be the same shade, but I thought, well I did pick 2 very close shades, maybe it dries darker than it looks wet.. Finished the job, and I'll be darned if I can see a difference in the 2 paints. In fact, I still have the paint color cards, so I painted on the cards from the 2 cans of paint. Well, they are both the same color, the darker shade. You can clearly see that the paint that was supposed to be lighter is not the color on the card. I know I can go back there and get new paint mixed for free, but I don't want to do all that work again. I guess I'll just have to live with it. It doesn't look bad, I actually like the color a lot, but it is not what I asked for. Thats what I get for going to HD - I've learned my lesson! I will, however go back there and get a refund. Its the principle of it, paint color mixing is all computerized I believe, so they must have screwed up and put in the codes for the same color, yet each can is labeled in the 2 shades.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio