Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Color Choice for a Joint Living and Dining Room

Posted by josievic (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 14:27

Help! We just purchased a split level home which has an open dining living room (they actually share a large wall). We currently have a blue dining room with blue area rug and accents and our current living room has light sage furniture w/ a similar rug.....My dilemna is what color to paint the new house? I'd like to keep the existing furniture so I'd need something that can go with the blue area rug and green living room pieces....There is ample light in the two rooms also! Any help appreciated....I tried to post a pic with no luck :-(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Color Choice for a Joint Living and Dining Room

I've been working on choosing a blue color for my house--and there are a lot of blue-green paints out there (some with gray undertones). You might try working with those at the various paint company websites. I think that color can be tricky, but it might work for both your blue and green pieces.
Check out the Home Deocorating site, too--lots of people can give advice on the colors that worked for them!

o
RE: Color Choice for a Joint Living and Dining Room

I think a neutral cream shade like SW Ivoire would be a good backdrop for both decors. You could always go basic beige like SW Kilim Beige, but I think Ivoire is more cheery and warm. I have Ivoire in my living room with blue rugs and chairs and it looks very nice. It goes well with green as well.

SW Blonde is a very popular neutral yellow/gold-similar to Ivoire but a little darker. But in a bright space, Blonde can really look "gold" rather than neutral. I have it in my formal dining room and most of the time I really like it, but when the afternoon sun comes in the bay window, it looks really gold. In the evening when you're most apt to use a formal dining room, Blonde looks great. But you might want to take a look at it as it's one of SW's top selling colors and decorators use it quite a bit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here