Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need the right red for my dining room.

Posted by BeccaK73 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 18, 11 at 14:16

My living room which runs into the dining room is in BM Brookline Beige and I'm looking for the right red for the dining room. I've tried BM Brick Red but I think it's too brownish. It will only be for chair rail up & below that will be white frame panels....and I'm not afraid of the color red. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need the right red for my dining room.

Found this listing which might be helpful (there are a few reds listed here). Also post your question on the Home Decorating Forum for more responses.

Top Selling Dining Room Colors
Rank Color Number Color Name
1 2084-20 Benjamin Moore Maple Leaf Red
2 HC-35 Benjamin Moore Powell Buff
3 2085-20 Benjamin Moore Pottery Red
4 2143-40 Benjamin Moore Camouflage
5 2080-20 Benjamin Moore Confederate Red
6 2142-40 Benjamin Moore Dry Sage
7 HC-45 Benjamin Moore Shaker Beige
8 2080-10 Benjamin Moore Raspberry Truffle
9 HC-114 Benjamin Moore Saybrook Sage
10 HC-12 Benjamin Moore Concord Ivory
11 HC-61 Benjamin Moore New London Burgundy
12 HC-115 Benjamin Moore Georgian Green
13 HC-44 Benjamin Moore Lenox Tan
14 HC-9 Benjamin Moore Chestertown Buff
15 1073 Benjamin Moore Malton
16 2083-10 Benjamin Moore Raisin Torte
17 2160-50 Benjamin Moore Oklahoma Wheat
18 HC-38 Benjamin Moore Decatur Buff
19 HC-98 Benjamin Moore Providence Olive

o

I like light brown color and it is the best for not showing dirt. Light color shows the dirt too quickly. So I use dark color floor in my bedroom. I think red color is not bed color for dining. Thanks randita for giving some color sample..

Here is a link that might be useful: Toronto Home Renovations, Toronto House Renovations

o

The main color of my house is a tanish/beige, its called Windsor Castle, a Behr color. Anyway, my dining room is painted in Huntingcoat Red which is a color by Ralph Lauren. I also have the white chair rail in my dining room. I love the color and red is a very good color for a dining room because it enhances the appetite!! Anyway, I would not use Ralph Lauren paint, you can color match it if you like it. I love it!

Good Luck

o

I vote for BM Raspberry Truffle...nice deep red. Don't know anything about undertones and whatnot, just know that it looks great. Lots of pictures of it online too.

o

Ralph Lauren Dressage Red
BM Moroccan Red
both are true reds.

o

Last Summer, used Ralph Lauren Hunting Red on my son's room and it came out really well. We put it into the Devine paint also sold at our store.

I am linking the thread on reds as the prep advice I received was important:

Here is a link that might be useful: Painting a Teen Boy's Room Red

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here