Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If you patch and repaint one wall, will it match the rest?

Posted by sheesharee (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 13:28

A few years ago we had the thermostat moved in our LR. There was a hold in the wall and we have a blank cover plate over the area. Even though it's painted it's distracting. There's also a screw or two sticking out of the wall. I have a small picture covering it but honestly I'd rather not have anything there.

The walls were painted a few years ago using Ace Royal paint in eggshell matched to BM Shelburne Buff. The paint doesn't touch up well. - At least I haven't mastered the art. I definitely don't want to paint the entire room again. What if I paint that wall with the leftover paint. Will it match the other walls? Has anyone ever done this? We don't smoke and there's no discoloration if I look behind a picture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If you patch and repaint one wall, will it match the rest?

Maybe, maybe not. If you paint the whole wall, usually the eye cannot detect the color change from wall to wall, but then again there are lots of anal people out there.

o
RE: If you patch and repaint one wall, will it match the rest?

I second this. We did one wall a shade darker then the other walls and the ceiling ( ceiling painted the same color as the walls) and since we did the whole wall you can't even tell!

you can see it under photobucket member cheerpeople look for the great room with the fireplace.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here