Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

If you patch and repaint one wall, will it match the rest?

User
12 years ago

A few years ago we had the thermostat moved in our LR. There was a hold in the wall and we have a blank cover plate over the area. Even though it's painted it's distracting. There's also a screw or two sticking out of the wall. I have a small picture covering it but honestly I'd rather not have anything there.

The walls were painted a few years ago using Ace Royal paint in eggshell matched to BM Shelburne Buff. The paint doesn't touch up well. - At least I haven't mastered the art. I definitely don't want to paint the entire room again. What if I paint that wall with the leftover paint. Will it match the other walls? Has anyone ever done this? We don't smoke and there's no discoloration if I look behind a picture.

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting
    12 years ago

Maybe, maybe not. If you paint the whole wall, usually the eye cannot detect the color change from wall to wall, but then again there are lots of anal people out there.

• cheerpeople
    12 years ago

I second this. We did one wall a shade darker then the other walls and the ceiling ( ceiling painted the same color as the walls) and since we did the whole wall you can't even tell!

you can see it under photobucket member cheerpeople look for the great room with the fireplace.