Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting the concrete drive way

Posted by bholey (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 10, 10 at 12:53

I need to cover/paint the concrete drive way. The drive way is 8-10 years old located on the south west side of the house. It faces South Florida's direct sun almost all the day. Temprature goes upto 100 degrees during summer with lots of rains. With this kind of hot and humid weather I am looking for some (may be brand) recommendations not too expensive (it's a fairly big area that I need to cover). Please help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting the concrete drive way

There is not a paint available for this. The hot tires and the weather will cause any coating to peel and fail which would really make a project like this a maintenance nightmare.

o

Agreed.

The only thing I'd do here is check out concrete STAINING.
Rust-oleum has a decent DIY kit (link below).
With approaches like this, you can get neat/soft "mottled" looks...kinda like many paver and edgeing stones.

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: Rust-oleum staining kits/sealers...

o

I've mentioned before that I live in the desert.

Most all the drives in my neighborhood are stamped and stained. I was gobsmacked when I moved here and saw all the color and different finishes - in this heat - on driveways. Really, it was a WTH?? moment.

A range of products are used. Trojan Color Sealer gets around and a few other ones I can't remember -- but they're out there just gotta look for them.

o

Thank you for the help. I will do some research on Clear Trojan Sealer. Can some one share their experience with concrete sealers?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here