Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Upgrading the exterior of my house

Posted by betsyhac (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 11 at 12:53

I have a small bungalow with wood exterior and aluminum storms. My goal is to get rid of all the white and silver. I'd like to have new storms/screens installed, in a color and with pet screen. The company that I would like to have do the work offers Provia. I believe it would make sense to have the house painted after the new storms/screens are installed, right? What instructions should I give the painters, as I know nothing, as far as prep. Cost is not an issue; I just want things done correctly so that they last. What about gutters? Are they paintable or would they have to be replaced? I'm still struggling with finding a good painter. I could have several out to give me estimates and info on what they would do, but I'm not sure how to determine their worth by asking the right questions. I'm in Wisconsin.
Thx,
Betsy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Upgrading the exterior of my house

I posed a similar question about a year ago, asking the pro painters here how they would paint their own houses. Here is a link to that to get you started.

In my (not expert) opinion, you would want to remove the old storms, then paint, then put on the new storm windows.

Here is a link that might be useful: Experts recommend

o
RE: Upgrading the exterior of my house

An overdue thank you Graywings. Exactly what I needed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here