Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchen soffit

Posted by musicteacher (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 12:44

My soffits extend about 1-2 inches from the upper kitchen cabinets and since they are continuous, about 20 inches over sink/windows corner. Do I paint the undersides to match the ceiling (flat white) or the wall color - a light blue/grey, or probably not - paint the whole soffit the cabinet white which is semigloss. ? They were popcorned before so I assume they were meant to be ceiling, but I don't like the idea of that short strip above all the cabinets being a different white than the cabinets. I'm sure you painter people have done this. How is it done? And no, taking them out is not an option right now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchen soffit

ceiling

o
RE: kitchen soffit

Got a pic?

I'd paint the narrow strip the wall color and 20" area a flat white tinted to the cabinet white. You'll need flat white, not ceiling paint. Ceiling paint is very difficult to tint.

Use a 45 or 30 degree angle where the two colors meet.

Make sense?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here