Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wolfpackmom_gw

Cream/Yellow Paint Color

Wolfpackmom
10 years ago

I will be painting our kitchen and family room - both rooms only get afternoon sun so if the blinds are shut, they stay relatively dim most of the day. I have BM Shaker Beige in my foyer and love it, but that area gets all day sun and I think sb will be too dark for the kitchen and family room. I have sampled Monroe Bisque but I don't care for it. I am thinking of a cream where you would say is it cream or is it yellow? Any suggestions?

Comments (8)

• John Tebbs
    10 years ago

Yes, take a look at Sherwin-Williams Jersey Cream.

• Fluffeebiskits1
    10 years ago

Sherwin Williams Creamy

• bfe123
    10 years ago

How about a BM color - Philadelphia cream?

• Wolfpackmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry, but I changed my subject on the same thread..I went and picked up paint strips and cards today from BM and SW (I am not ready to spend the money on samples yet). I am looking for a cream/beige with yellow in it. What are your thoughts on these BM Philadelphia Cream, BM Windham Cream, SW Jersey Cream? Any other suggestions?

• jodokus
    10 years ago

BM linen white is a cream shade with yellow. i think you really can't go wrong with this color. If you have low light, it will look more cream, and in brighter light, you can see more yellow.

One thing to remember is that in your home, the color may look very, very different from how it appears on the paint chip. Once you've narrowed down the shades you like, then go back to the store and ask for a larger paint chip. They don't advertise this, but at the BM stores, they have bigger samples chips in the back that are about 5x5, Then narrow down your favorites even more and spend the dollars on some sample cans (BM can make up small samples for you for cheap, or for some colors they have them ready-made). There's really no substitute for actually sampling the paint because what happens is that the lighting and the color of your furnishings and flooring will all affect how the paint looks.

I can't help you with SW because I've never used their paint, but I wouldn't be surprised if they can make small samples for you as well. If not, you can always buy a quart and try.

I would also encourage you to e-mail Ellen Kennon, tell her what you are looking for, and ask her to send you some chips of what she recommends. She's wonderful and her paint is truly amazing stuff, very high quality.

• theresa2
    10 years ago

I agree with jodokus about BM linen white. I have it in my hallway where there is very little natural light. It glows yellow but it is definitely white. In some situations it can look peachy. I had this happen when I paired it with stained trim in a naturally bright room.

For my north facing kitchen, I have Windham Cream; it is a perfect yellow, Not too in your face yellow, but definitely yellow.

I love both these colors for low light rooms with white trim.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Wolf, Ellen Kennon's Classic Cream or Luminaire are beautiful. On her website she has a room painter app that shows the same room in different colors. I just ordered some sample paints but none of them were exactly what I want so I ordered her full set of sample cuts. After I choose several colors from her cuts I will order more sample paints. She does a free color consultation if you buy her paints. If you don't choose to buy EK paints the consult is 200 per hr.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz