Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting over/patching Ralph Lauren Linen textured paint?

Posted by adh673 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 11 at 10:40

In my kids bathroom I did a medium denim color Ralph Lauren linen (textured) paint several years ago, I really like its sort of beachy feeling in there.

However, I now need to update the light fixture- one of those old bar "hollywood" looking things, and I dont know what to do about this paint. I dont even remember the color I used anymore but I dont think I have any hope of matching the linen weave to fill in the areas that will now be uncovered when I remove this light bar. I might be stuck repainting the entire bathroom, but if so, How does one repaint over this texture?

Any advice??

I also am going to paint the oak vanity cabinets so if anyone has advice on that too. I would replace it but with another baby on the way, I think it makes sense to keep the super low height for a while longer. I'm hoping paint will make it less ugly for now!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting over/patching Ralph Lauren Linen textured paint?

Can you make an ornamental band or panel of paint that covers the area that isn't textured? Or frame around the new light with some molding and paint the inside of the framed area a solid color?

As for the oak vanity: Gel stain from General finishes can make them into nice dark "pottery barn" looking things with a minimum of work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gel stain

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here