Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Latex over oil base in a bathroom

Posted by goofy0413 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 9:52

So I first moved into my house and my kids took a couple showers the paint started to bubble, so next thing I knew it is coming off the walls in sheets.
My mom said it looks like latex over oil base.
Now some is off and some is stuck to it. Any suggestions on how to fix the walls without ripping them down!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Latex over oil base in a bathroom

It's probably latex over gloss latex. In order for paint to adhere to any surface, the surface must be clean and dull. I doubt it was properly prepared prior to repainting. It was most likely repainted over soap film, hair spray, etc.

Is the entire wall peeling or just certain areas?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here