Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best, most affordable no VOC paint and primer?

Posted by steph0509 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 7:26

We built our house last year, and I have despised my color choice for our kitchen/living/entry area since Day 1 (SW Camelback). It's way too dark for our house, so I'm wanting to repaint to a very light neutral "greige". Since we're living in the house and have a 2 year old, I prefer one that is NO VOC and no or very low odor.

What are your thoughts on Behr Premium Plus? I know I've read that the paint/primer in one is a big gimmick. But it has such good reviews! I'm prepared to do a coat of primer and two coats of paint, I'm not trying to skip a step, I just want it done right, for a reasonable price, and without having to smell paint for weeks.

Recommend your best (and most affordable) no VOC paint and primer!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best, most affordable no VOC paint and primer?

What are your thoughts on Behr Premium Plus?

You REALLY don't want to know

Ben Moore, Fresh Start primer and Natura for the finish

o

Consider ACE's newer Clark+Kensington line.

We go thru LOTS of it, & I've NEVER heard a complaint about odor. Last Oct., we got re-fitted with the new 0-Voc colorants. Retails are from $28.99 to $35.99.

Faron

o

I'm using Valspar Professional Flat because ... it was there, it was on sale, and I didn't feel like paying 2x for the consumer brand

Good coverage - one coat of color (pale yellow) over either the old white paint or the new primer is giving me even coverage.

However, I have a tendency to put on thicker layers with a roller than many painters, so you may have to make do two coats. These walls are either fresh plaster or really old cheap paint.

ODOR: not much. It lasted a couple of days, with me opening up the house at night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here