Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need BM white to go with BM Fairy Tale Blue 2055-50

Posted by raspycat (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 0:24

Hi,
I'm going to be painting my daughter's room Benjamin Moore Fairy Tale Blue 2055-50, which I can sort of describe as a Tiffany's box blue, maybe. I need to pick a complementary white to paint the trim (which is currently stained) and also a white for the ceiling. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Liz

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need BM white to go with BM Fairy Tale Blue 2055-50

Give BM "Vapor" a try. It is a soft white.

o

Here is a link to the Ben Moore site with its suggestions for colors that go with Fairy Tale Blue.

Here is a link that might be useful: Goes with Fairy Tail Blue

o

I'm not familiar with Benjamin Moore shades, but Dunn Edwards has an amazing near-white called "Swiss Coffee" (which is not beige like it sounds) that goes with ANY COLOR. Behr has the same shade, too, so you could go to Home Depot and get a "sample can" of that color for $4.99 and see what you think. If you like it, you could paint a scrap piece of wood (or even a paper plate) and take it to your Benj. Moore dealer to see if they can match it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here