Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stucco foam trim

Posted by malibujim (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 10, 10 at 21:29

Not exactly paint,.....but can't find a forum for this. I am getting ready to paint my stucco home myself and I've been toying with the idea of adding stucco foam trim around the window frames. There are a couple companies that sell it on-line, as a do-it-yourself project. Stryotrim in Sacramento is one I'm looking at. I see a lot of people in Cal. have this done during paint or restucco projects, and a lot of new homes have it around the windows & doors. Just wonder if it is as easy as they say ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stucco foam trim

I've either seem it at Home Depot or Lowes for sale .At least you would be able to sample a pc. before the investment.

o

I've had a very bad experience with what your suggesting. i used a commercial styro trim around the windows on the front of our new home. since the durable drivit coating is not available to the diy-er, i found a rubberized coating and applied it. looked great (for 2 weeks) and then strange holes started appearing. had me baffled until one day a wood pecker flew up and started pecking on it. they have now made 2" holes in several places on all the top pieces. i am now in the process of replacing it all which is now taking 3 time longer. hope this helps.

o

I too am considering replacing the wood trim with stucco trim. I contacted Stryotrim of Sacramento, however I am not convinced they are the best choice. They could not provide a sample of the product, and they have no refund policy. I also contacte Cyrus Foam products out of the LA area - they were even less responsive.

Not sure of your outcome - but very interested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here