Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outside paint colors

Posted by mboston (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 6, 11 at 19:47

We will be doing some trim painting on our back porch soon. The problem is that our soffit and the overhang areas (not sure of the correct term) are all in the blue color of the 80's. You know kinda like the Country Blue color. (I know I should have pictures!). The house color is white-ish, not stark white but a little creamish. DH isn't planning on painting the whole house on the outside yet and won't even consider trying to paint the soffit and overhang areas EVER.

So my question is - what third color can we use like on our porch posts, perhaps front door and trim that will go with the blue and off white. My mind says perhaps a dark gray but any other ideas? We just tiled our back porch floor with a gray-beige tile and will eventually use pavers around the pool deck and they will be in the same shades as the tile.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outside paint colors

This forum seems to be quieter than usual lately. The home decor forum occasionally gets questions like this, and definitely more traffic, so it might be worth a cross post if you don't get satisfactory answers here.

Having said that...dark gray or darker blue would be my choice (well, my guess, given no pics!).

I actually like this color combination quite a bit. Maybe because my parents have a creamy off-white house with light & dark blue trim. :)

Oh, or oddball option: dark purple can be kinda fun as an exterior accent.

o
RE: Outside paint colors

I did post on the Home Decorating forum - and added pictures. Please go over and look at posted titled "3rd color for outside of house". It may be at the bottom of 1st page or on 2nd page.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here