Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cottagecindy

Need help plz! Paint color on porch ceiling!

cottagecindy
11 years ago

Painting is happening as I type. This area isn't today thank god.

Small cottage is "dusty olive" --a darkish green HD Behr

All trim and 2 posts on front porch is pure white.

Door is "Dozen roses" a red towards maroon also HD Behr

The front porch stoop is 5 x 6' tiny with 2 posts at front corners (which I will grow 2 rose climbers up it.

So here's the question. What color do I paint the ceiling of the tiny porch.? white or dusty olive? I'm really stuck on this. I thought white, landlord doesn't care but it looks like it's taped for the green. I still have time to change.

and to give you an idea on this little porch, the door has the ultra white trim as well as the trim/facia around porch and posts obviously . The porch is pavers with tumbled old stone look. The light fixture going in is a bronze square with white opaque glass. craftsman style. (small panes cutout at top of fixture)

I have two 4' window boxes -white of course) under windows on either side of porch (front of house only 30' wide.

Also I would like to add a railing on each small side of porch -- a drop off of a good foot or more. -which would be white.

(the colors are set, I'm not the owner, but I choose the porch ceiling.)

ANY advice? I thought white, but small porch so green would be ok? but rose climbers will fill up posts eventually... the light fixture may look better against green, but green may "lower" the ceiling.....

ok, I'm being anal, but this is important to me. :)

Thanks in advance.

Comments (7)