Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brightm

SW Paints for Interior

brightm
9 years ago

No BM around here.

There's a SW that's convenient and after seeing them spoke of (at least color-wise) around GW I figured I'd give them a try. I'd tried a couple other brands and bought way too many samples and found the color cards and samples just weren't working out for me. So far, with three samples, I'm pleased with the true-ness of SW.

Now...which of their paints?

The first projects are a spare room and a kitchen.

Our exterior walls are masonry (not red bricks, not cinderblock, but some elongated, gray bricks.) Most of the ceilings are vaulted with beams exposed (so just wood or some flat wood-like surface). Some are flat, drywall, 8ft.

Over the balance of the year (hopefully a LOT this summer) we'll paint most of the interior of the house. Next in line after the kitchen are the hallway and Master.

Currently most of the insides of the exterior walls are and many of the interior walls, ceilings and trim are all what I'm guessing to be Swiss Coffee (or the like) and we'll be switching them to SW Snowbound (or the like).

My thought is to pick that new trim color and run it throughout the house. I understand that kitchens, baths and maybe others might take a different paint/finish. I'm trying to minimize the different types of paints but am open to a couple or few where it makes sense.

Thoughts on Emerald vs. Duration vs. SuperPaint vs. Cashmere vs. Harmony vs. HGTV?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz