Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redvelvetpug

Cheerful blue paint colors for boy's bedroom?

redvelvetpug
11 years ago

On a related note to my previous post, does anyone have recommendations for a good cheerful blue wall paint color? This is for my son's bedroom (he's almost 1 yr old)

I am going for something bright and cheerful, like Serena and Lily's Paddleboat blue, or even the shade of blue that Thomas The Train is. But trying to find it in Sherwin-Williams colors.

Any suggestions appreciated!!

Comments (5)

• graywings123
    11 years ago

You might want to try posting this on the Home Decorating forum. Also, check out the Gallery on the that forum.

• hobbydecorator
    11 years ago

both my boys have 2 different blue rooms. my oldest picked it himself and it is a darker blue. but my youngest was only 20 months old at the time and i wanted something lighter, but at the same time grow with him so we don't have to repaint after 3 years. it is Sporty blue (6522) sherwin williams. We love it! it goes with everything. he is currently into the same thing as his older brother. and it matches also. I got my husbands old spiderman comics and put them into black frames and it is really cute.

• jessicaml
    11 years ago

I love a BM blue paint chip called Clear Skies. I'd love to try it in a bathroom or nursery someday. According to colorcharts.org, a similar SW blue would be Bubble 6770. My sister-in-law picked more of a medium blue for my nephew's room, and it really seems too dark for a child's room. If you want cheeful, I'd keep it light. Checking out the blues on the favorite paint colors blog might be helpful, too. SW Waterscape and SW Tidewater look pretty and cheerful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Favorite Blues

• jessicaml
    11 years ago

(self-editing...''cheeful'' above should've been ''cheerful'')

I also like SW Meander Blue, which was easier to find online pics of than Bubble was.

• vdinli
    11 years ago

Try BM Light Blue and Honolulu Blue. The Honolulu Blue was a little too bright for my son's room at 100% but the 75% formulation was just the right kind of cheerful. These are BM colors but you could get SW to color match.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022