Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
restoration hardware paint

Posted by leya12 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 14, 09 at 17:33

Has anyone ever duplicated colors from restoration hardware and used as an exterior paint?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: restoration hardware paint

RH colors have their roots in Benjamin Moore colors.

Color Matches For Restoration Hardware paint in Benjamin Moore paint:

Atmosphere Blue - Gentle Gray 1626. New: Iced Slate 2130-60.

Butter - Precious Ivory 185 OR Golden Straw2152-50 which slightly more gray but a good match. No new matches.

Butter Cream - Blossom Tint 933. No new matches.

Caffe Creme - Spanish White 943. No new matches.

Celery - Hawthorn Green 379 or Stanhope Yellow 280 (both very good, but not spot on). No new matches.

Creamware - Consentino Chardonnay 247. No new matches.

Latte - This is a new color and I spec'd Crisp Khaki 234 as a close match and client was happy with it in comparison to her RH Latte chip. She nailed this.

Lavender - Same story as above spec'd BenM Porcelain 2113-60. This is now Pale Lavender and matches Venetian Marble 2114-70. I like the old Lavender better.

Saffron - Same story, but spec'd BenM Chestertown Buff HC-9. Nailed it again.

Silver Birch - Healing Aloe 1562. No new matches.

Sycamore Green - Moon Shadow 1516. Also distant match to Camouflage 2143-40.

The Right White - BenM's Super White (used on all the trim in the RH stores). No new matches.

Willow - Mesquite 501. No new matches.

New Colors:

Blue Sage. No matches anywhere.

Blush Rougissant. Behr Angels Kiss EPWN-7. Pratt&Lambert Pearly Gates 2268.

Butter Cream. Behr Night Glow PIC-6. Ace 3-G Lantern Light.

Buttermilk. No matches.

Cappucino. Berkshire Beige AC-2.

Chocolate. Brown Sugar 2112-20.

Cloud White. Glacier White OC-37.

Dusk. Mozart BLue CC-1665. In the Midnight Hour CC-1666.

Flax. Taupe 2110-10.

Hyacinth. No matches.

Lilac. SW 7078 Minute Mauve. Distant -- BM Portland Gray 2109-60.

Linen. Behr Toasted Barley PPL-60.

Mediterranean White. Behr Parchment Paper 710C-1. Pittsburgh Spun Cotton 119-1.

Orchid. No matches anywhere.

Petal. Pittsburgh Paint Peach Statice 123-1. Light Peach 122-2.

Rose. Pink Panther CC-1255.

Rouge. No matches.

Sea Green. Ace Hardware 153-C Treetops.

Seafoam. Behr Beach Wind ECC-32-2.

funcolors did most of the work so yay! funcolors!

This list was copied from the HGTV boards where it has lived and helped people for a couple of years-credit to "Funcolors" for compiling it and to 'Casey31652" for keeping it alive.

o

Know what's funny is that list actually originated here on the GW. A long-ago poster named "rabbit ears" emailed her list of *matches* when RH first came out with colors. I think I had posted a few that I eyed-up and she sent me her list of the whole darn RH collection that she eyeballed to BenM colors and the master list was born. lol!

That list has been around for a pretty long time at this point and I can only imagine how many people it has helped get what they can call a *match* in Ben Moore from RH colors.

Thanks for posting it again trk. :)

o

gee, funcolors again, has gone above and beyond. I was actually looking to duplicate silver sage, I'm thinking that will go with my roof color and it still has that bright charming appeal to it. I suppose I will do what I did for my interior, I take a piece of the sample in hopes that they will make it into an exterior paint. What do you think of that color for the exterior with the white purgola and fence

o

@funcolors - I am looking for BM matches to RH's "Slate" collection of paint, specifically the color called "Slate". (link below). Let me know if you have any ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Restoration hardware slate paint

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here