Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leya12

restoration hardware paint

leya12
14 years ago

Has anyone ever duplicated colors from restoration hardware and used as an exterior paint?

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    14 years ago

Know what's funny is that list actually originated here on the GW. A long-ago poster named "rabbit ears" emailed her list of *matches* when RH first came out with colors. I think I had posted a few that I eyed-up and she sent me her list of the whole darn RH collection that she eyeballed to BenM colors and the master list was born. lol!

That list has been around for a pretty long time at this point and I can only imagine how many people it has helped get what they can call a *match* in Ben Moore from RH colors.

Thanks for posting it again trk. :)

• leya12
    Original Author
    14 years ago

gee, funcolors again, has gone above and beyond. I was actually looking to duplicate silver sage, I'm thinking that will go with my roof color and it still has that bright charming appeal to it. I suppose I will do what I did for my interior, I take a piece of the sample in hopes that they will make it into an exterior paint. What do you think of that color for the exterior with the white purgola and fence

• sonaliagrawal
    12 years ago

@funcolors - I am looking for BM matches to RH's "Slate" collection of paint, specifically the color called "Slate". (link below). Let me know if you have any ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Restoration hardware slate paint

• James Griggs
    4 years ago

Hi everyone - I’m building a modern farmhouse right now in San Diego. Matte black windows, white exterior (hardy board), silver standing seam roof, white oak clear coat pivot door. I’m trying to get the white paint correct. I’m leaning towards RH’s ‘Right White’ which I believe is similar to BM’s ‘Super White’. Curious if you think it’s too warm or whether I should go for a brighter and whiter white if that makes sense? It’s the contrast with the roof I’m most concerned about. Thanks so much!

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    4 years ago

I don't think it's too warm. You're in San Diego. I'm in Phoenix. We have to be careful with exterior whites because of the sun. Go too bright and it's glaring. Super White should be plenty white without being obnoxiously bright.

• James Griggs
    4 years ago

Thanks Lori!

What do you think of Dunn Edwards, White Collar.

04: 0Y + 0.063
    28: 0Y + 0.063
    33: 0Y + 0.844

Thanks so much!!

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    4 years ago

That's a Jeff Lewis color and I don't have the data values for it - or a chip.

It looks pretty stark white. Test it carefully and make sure that's what you want.

• James Griggs
    4 years ago

Thanks Lori - it is really stark white! Painted the whole house with it and it just didn’t sit well with me. Now we are re painting the house in RH The Right White. Much happier with it for that modern farmhouse look.

Thanks so much!

James

• James Griggs
    4 years ago

Lori - I see a lot of modern farmhouse kitchens where the white shaker cabinetry seems to be painted the same color as the walls/ceilings. Curious if you think this is a good way to go and if you think RH's Right White is a good color for that? Thanks again!

• mrspepper
    4 years ago

Hey James, I'm in San Diego as well. Picking White colors are really hard. Especially in North facing rooms . And especially on cabinets and ceilings. I eventually found Jaci. I have to recommend her , since you're here in San Diego to. She loves color and i highly recommend her!!

https://www.houzz.com/pro/jacispringfield the perfect paint color

• Kar Arr
    3 years ago

James Brigg - was wondering if you still have the color combo of the right white ? I was hoping to use this color for my hallway and dining room that doesn’t get too much natural light from outside ... thanks in advance