Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juanita1206

Paint colors that go well with Dark wood trim

Juanita1206
11 years ago

Hello, I need help finding paint colors that go well with dark wood trim.

I just moved in with my boyfriend and right now he has this grey/baige color throughout the house. I don't really care for how it looks. So we've decided to repaint the whole house. so i am trying to get ideas on paint colors that might go well with the dark wood trim. we've been looking but cant seem to decide. Please help! :)

Any suggestions or pictures would be helpful

Thanks

Comments (5)

• graywings123
    11 years ago

Do you get a sense of the undertone of the wood trim? Orange, red, brown?

Try some very soft yellows. Get some paint chips with names like buttercream and see how they look.

• gdeann
    11 years ago

We are currently doing the same thing! Just as the other poster suggested, we went with yellows, oranges etc. I never thought I could be brave enough to use so much color (I'm an antique white girl) but I am loving the contrast of walls and trim. We went with the SW HGTV palette called color pizazz I believe. No messing up, just choose as many or as few of the colors you like and go for it! They all work and compliment each other beautifully. GOOD LUCK!

• gdeann
    11 years ago

We are currently doing the same thing! Just as the other poster suggested, we went with yellows, oranges etc. I never thought I could be brave enough to use so much color (I'm an antique white girl) but I am loving the contrast of walls and trim. We went with the SW HGTV palette called color pizazz I believe. No messing up, just choose as many or as few of the colors you like and go for it! They all work and compliment each other beautifully. GOOD LUCK!

• dvarnell
    11 years ago

BM November Rain is a lovely neutral that would work well with dark wood. Also, look at House Beautiful's paint color app. Lots of great suggestions from designers.

• sis2two
    11 years ago

A friend of mine just used Harmony and Flowering Herb by Benjamin Moore with stained trim and they look great. Having said that, her stain appears to be dark and has no reddish tones.

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living