Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint colors that go well with Dark wood trim

Posted by Juanita1206 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 11, 12 at 17:02

Hello, I need help finding paint colors that go well with dark wood trim.

I just moved in with my boyfriend and right now he has this grey/baige color throughout the house. I don't really care for how it looks. So we've decided to repaint the whole house. so i am trying to get ideas on paint colors that might go well with the dark wood trim. we've been looking but cant seem to decide. Please help! :)

Any suggestions or pictures would be helpful

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint colors that go well with Dark wood trim

Do you get a sense of the undertone of the wood trim? Orange, red, brown?

Try some very soft yellows. Get some paint chips with names like buttercream and see how they look.

o

We are currently doing the same thing! Just as the other poster suggested, we went with yellows, oranges etc. I never thought I could be brave enough to use so much color (I'm an antique white girl) but I am loving the contrast of walls and trim. We went with the SW HGTV palette called color pizazz I believe. No messing up, just choose as many or as few of the colors you like and go for it! They all work and compliment each other beautifully. GOOD LUCK!

o

We are currently doing the same thing! Just as the other poster suggested, we went with yellows, oranges etc. I never thought I could be brave enough to use so much color (I'm an antique white girl) but I am loving the contrast of walls and trim. We went with the SW HGTV palette called color pizazz I believe. No messing up, just choose as many or as few of the colors you like and go for it! They all work and compliment each other beautifully. GOOD LUCK!

o

BM November Rain is a lovely neutral that would work well with dark wood. Also, look at House Beautiful's paint color app. Lots of great suggestions from designers.

o

A friend of mine just used Harmony and Flowering Herb by Benjamin Moore with stained trim and they look great. Having said that, her stain appears to be dark and has no reddish tones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here