Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flat or Eggshell or ?? in bathroom

Posted by patty0315 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 17:00

I asked this over on Home Decorating, but also know the paint experts are here and it really is a techy question. I'm repainting my guest bath a dark navy, presently dark red. The room is small and windowless, but there is a large window in the adjacent guest room which throws light on the back wall of the bathroom.

I don't want shine! I want a flat or matte finish. The present red paint must be flat, no shine at all. The BM man said to use eggshell, but I want to double check with you guys as to how shiny eggshell will be, particularly in a dark deep color with morning light shining on it. No worry about cleaning the walls, it's just a guest bath/powder room.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flat or Eggshell or ?? in bathroom

I would use Aura Bath and Spa paint. I used it in one of my bathrooms and there is no shine at all. It also doesn't make those nasty watermarks you get with the eggshell.I plan on painting my other bathrooms with this also. It looks like flat paint.

o
RE: Flat or Eggshell or ?? in bathroom

Thanks so much. Just what I want.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here