Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
should kitchen color be the same as morning room or fam room?

Posted by zaara10 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 14, 11 at 16:20

Hello there,
i am having trouble with making paint decisions (aren't we all? ;)... my house is an open floor design, with rooms flowing into one another. We're doing the living and dining SW quietude and the foyer/hallways SW believable buff...

The area I'm having trouble with is the family room-kitchen-morning room area-- think a big "L" shape, with the fam room and kitchen the vertical part of the L and the morning room the horizontal part... we're going with SW blonde in the family room (had it in our townhouse and loved it) and SW humble gold for the morning room (which is serving as the playroom for the kids until they're older and i can reclaim it, lol). my dilemma is, should the kitchen be the same color as the fam room (blonde), or the same as the morning room (humble gold), or should it be a whole new color-- something complimentary? if we do another color, i was thinking one step up on the color strip, so ivoire or jersey cream (dont know which one w/ that either!). is that too many colors for one area? you'll also be able to see the believeable buff that's in the hallways wherever u stand, so i guess that makes it 4 colors in the area (although neutral)! My other concern is that w/ all that humble gold color in the morning room, is that too much if we do it in the kitchen as well? Advice, thoughts please? THANKS!! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: should kitchen color be the same as morning room or fam room?

We are in the painting stage of our remodel which took out walls and opened up into a great room type area w/kitchen. We have decided to paint all one color for the entire space but each "area" within that great room will have one contrasting colored wall (at least that's what Candice Olson says to do)She says it helps to define that area...not sure if that helps or not.

o
RE: should kitchen color be the same as morning room or fam room?

thanks! candice olson knows what she's talking about :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here