Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
good main floor color

Posted by hobbydecorator (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 16:19

I just thought I could get a quick opinion on the main floor paint color that we choice. I am worried that it might be too dark. it is sherwin williams nomatic desert. My husband and I love the color we have had it up in our house for almost a month now in all the various rooms. We are thinking foyer, living room with accent on bottom, family room and kitchen. the main floor is open concept design with 10 foot ceilings and lots of windows.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: good main floor color

open concept design with 10 foot ceilings and lots of windows.

Anything of lesser value, lighter, could easily end up too light. Nomadic has a LRV of 47. 50 is the average guideline for residential interiors. It falls within a classic 'safe zone' [of sorts] when considering the average home and lighting.

LRV isn't a magic number and its useful applications are indeed limited in residential color design. With that said, it's still an accurate range useful for comparison and benchmark. Benchmark as in 50 is the average guideline for residential interiors.

Here is a link that might be useful: More info on LRV (Light Reflectance Value)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here