Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting one wall at a time?

Posted by jenva2010 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 15:47

I desperately want to paint our bedroom walls. Unfortunately, the room has become a dumping ground for tons of random stuff as we work on the rest of the house. It will be at least a year before we get enough stuff moved out that I could actually paint in there. However, I could rearrange enough to do one wall at a time. So, I would move stuff, prime and paint one wall, wait a couple of weeks (or more), then do a different wall. Is this a bad idea? Am I likely to get paint built up in the corners, or have other problems?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting one wall at a time?

I can't think of any reason why you cannot paint that way. Sounds great!

o

Do what you have to do and what works for you. One tip I've heard is to put all the stuff in the center of the room and work around the pile.

Just be careful about dust on the walls. A washdown with tsp or water, then good dry (mine dried very quickly).

Also understand, and the painting pros certainly can correct me, that it's best to use an opened can within 6 months. so BANG that cover on hard (but don't splatter it all over your walls, wipe the lip down first real well).

Good luck. I'm doing this technique in a bathroom right now.

o

I did an entire house like that one summer ... move furniture away from one wall, or take down drapes, cut in, paint and move everything back. I was in high school and my parents had been talking about painting ... so I just did it.

What I did to make it easier was cut in for the next wall where I could, so when I prepped and cut in wall one I overlapped the cutting in onto the adjoining walls.

o

I did an entire house like that one summer ... move furniture away from one wall, or take down drapes, cut in, paint and move everything back. I was in high school and my parents had been talking about painting ... so I just did it.

What I did to make it easier was cut in for the next wall where I could, so when I prepped and cut in wall one I overlapped the cutting in onto the adjoining walls.

o

You do what you have to do. It will get done that way!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here