Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
House trim stain color

Posted by bedelia (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 15:24

We're restaining our cedar sided house to SW Woodscapes Sandcastle. The PO never stained the trim so currently it is all one color. I want something very subtle for the window and fascia trim. I was looking at SW Pavilion Beige but it seems too light and might be too much contrast for the size of the house.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a trim color that would be a few shades lighter than sandcastle? SW can make a custom stain to match of its paint colors.

Thanks for any ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: House trim stain color

Obviously this is personal opinion and everyone's tastes vary, but I like to really contrast my window trim and fascia from the rest of the house. Done with a good color scheme, it really pops.

Online samples are difficult to match but my house is similar to the Sandcastle and I did my fascia and trim in a dark Navy blue (but did in aluminum).

My personal taste to contrast the Sandcastle would be (staying with SW) would be the Cheyenne Red. I'm staining a shed using Cabot's in similar color to Sandcastle and doing the trim in their Newbury port blue (its more navy blue than it appears online.)

Some of the SW dark drown's or greens would look good too, but I'm not a general fan of those colors. I don't care for SW blue's.

Do a google search for "color wheel" to find great combinations of complimentary, contrasting, etc colors.

I do have a tendancy to like my siding lighter and my trim dark in color schemes.

o
RE: House trim stain color

Thanks for your input. We're having new gutters installed also, so I found a gutter color that works nicely for trim.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here