Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

Satin latex semigloss indoor/outdoor

jerry_nj
10 years ago

I have wondered "what is the difference between indoor and outdoor" when using a latex enamel at satin through gloss. Both are supposed to be water resistant, and while outside paint may be exposed to more direct sunlight that would be minimal compared to a window sill on a south facing window.

Yes, the outside paint will also be exposed to greater temperature changes and thus more thermal expansion/contraction I will guess.

Is that about it?

I have a quart of Krylon Color Creations in Satin White listed as Indoor/Outdoor paint. As I need only a little exterior white to cover some repair work on siding trim I am considering using the paint I have on hand, the Krylon.

I now wonder where I purchased the Krylon and will guess here it was Walmart. If I like it outside I may buy more there. In the past I have used Behr (Home Depot) exterior trim paint and know it has a high rating in some quarters - but I don't want to buy another gallon now, and I hate paying the equivalent of $60 a gallon when I buy by the quart.

Comment (1)