Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lizziebethtx

Help! Paint is peeling. Now what?

lizziebethtx
13 years ago

Hello everyone, we just remodeled our kitchen. We have white painted cabinets with a factory paint job. They are very nice...but we decided to paint the back wall of one of the cabinets in order to better show off dishes & glassware. My DH used latex paint and all looked great until we peeled back the blue tape we used to tape it off. Big areas of the paint peeled off with the tape..and he wasnt' sloppy at all...there was very little paint on the tape...I've never seen paint peel with the removal of blue tape before...and I've done lots of painting over the years. I'm thinking the issue is not with the tape, but with the latex paint on the factory painted cabinet. I've told him I think all we need to do is sand it all off..which will also sand the factory finish beneath the peeling paint..and then paint again. The paint should stick the 2nd time. He thinks it's all for naught. However, there has to be something we can do. I certainly cannot buy another cabinet, I have to have use of it and I'm not going to settle for it looking like c***. Any advice will be appreciated.

Comments (2)