Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Neturals!!!

Posted by booper717 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 2, 10 at 13:22

Please help! I've been agonizing for months now on what paint colors to choose for my downstairs! My house is very small & in return has very small rooms! The kitchen is painted "Faint Maple" by Valspar, and will stay this color, but I need to find a color for my dineing room & living room & entrance way... I would prefer the living room/entrance way to be one color & the dineing room to be another, but matching to the others. Red will be an accent for the rooms. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on good netural colors and wld work good for small/narrow rooms? All the trim will be white.

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Neturals!!!

Looks like Faint Maple has a red undertone- you'll have to work with that. I would choose a similar but lighter color for the living space- like Ben Moore yosemite sand AC-4 and go dramatic with the dining room. Small spaces can still be bold- how about a chocolate brown or violet... Both complement red/tan & look great with white trim. Good luck to you!

o

Thanks very much for your suggestions, I'm gonna have to look into the B.M. color you mentioned. I wanted to go bold in the dineing room but wasn't sure because the furniture is rot iron dark brown w/ glass tops...wasn't sure if it wld be all too dark. Altough white trim really does make a space feel larger I think.

o

Not sure what your colour is but we did the bulk of our house in Innukshuk from Benjamin Moore. Every single colour that we put in the bedrooms or bathrooms match it to a t.

Judy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here