Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint the vaulted ceiling?

Posted by newhouseorbust (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 12, 11 at 12:43

We are building the Frank Betz Summerlake plan. My plan is to have stained beams in the vault that will match the handscraped floors. I am thinking of painting to the side walls a greige color and the fireplace wall Benjamin Moore Azores....do we leave the vaulted ceiling white?? I have no idea what to do. Please post pics or ideas if you have them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint the vaulted ceiling?

I am not a fan of white ceilings myself. I either choose a tinted shade of white to compliment the wall color or choose a lighter shade of the color I am using on the walls. Good luck with the room.

o

Thanks! if you paint the vault in the family room do you have to paint the ceiling in the kitchen (12 ft flat) that it opens too? or let the vault be it's own space?

o

I put my pics of painted the vault on my post on this forum. We started out with mildly gray colors that looked white when I tried them out. Back to the store!
Try them out see what you think. It really helped us decide in advance of teh painter coming.

LMK if it helps. I labelled each pic as to the colors. We did the fireplace wall 1 color darker on the paint strip to go better with the stone. you can't even tell.
look for post by cheerpeople near the top.
karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here