Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting Exterior Stucco House in Florida...Acrylux?

Posted by f1668065 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 12:39

Recently re-stuccoed chimney, first floor front of house & bottom of columns. I plan to re-paint entire exterior but can use some guidance on how to approach existing stucco vs new stucco.

Correct me, if I'm wrong but my initial research tells me I should apply one sealer/primer coat + two separate top coats of paint; each coat should be sprayed + back rolled??

Also, anyone familiar with Acrylux (www.Acrylux.com); a local paint manufacturer here in South Florida mostly known for sloped roof waterproofing systems?

I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts & opinions on them and their products.

I'd also appreciate any helpful input on the following proposal minus prep work, which I received using their house paint:

'-APPLY ONE COAT EMULSABOND ENHANCED 100% ACRYLUX PREMIUM HOUSE PAINT TO EXISTING PAINTED SURFACES. THIS WILL ASSURE QUALITY ADDHESION TO SUBSTRATE.
-APPLY FINAL COAT OF SATIN/FLAT ACRYLUX PREMIUM HOUSE PAINT.'

This sounds to me like skipping a step...kinda like a 'self-priming' exterior paint.

Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Acrylux House Paints

This post was edited by f1668065 on Mon, Jul 29, 13 at 16:40

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting Exterior Stucco House in Florida...Acrylux?

It's been over 60 days and I still have not primed or painted the new stucco. We have had a lot of rain so the stucco guy is on my back again to at least prime the new stucco areas because they may start cracking or holding water in between the old & new coats of stucco.

FWIW, We're starting to enter the most hot & humid time of the year and the height of in hurricane season, which has shifted my focus to retro-fitting new hurricane impact doors & windows.

That said...
How long can I leave new stucco bare without risking harm to my home?
If I prime these new stucco areas now, am I just going to have re-pressure wash (and re-prime?) these areas in Autumn when I paint the entire house?

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here