Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvercanadian

Stain/oil for Angelim Pedra deck

silvercanadian
12 years ago

We take possession of our new house next week and the builder is in the process of building our deck. I chose Angelim Pedra wood for the deck base and they are using an undermount system to attach to the joists.

I like the current colour of the wood and wouldn't mind keeping it that way. The deck is in the south east corner of the house and it's a corner lot with the side of the house facing south, so this deck will get sun all day and it disappears in the evening.

Can anyone recommend a stain to use on this wood? If I use something clear, will I need to redo it every year? The guy at the store where the decking was purchased, recommended oiling it. Any advantages/disadvantages to doing that?

Our deck at our current house is cedar and faces the same direction. I used a supposed high-quality Sikkens stain and I am not impressed with it. This is the 2nd time I haven't been impressed with Sikkens (used it prior to this on a fence) so won't purchase Sikkens again unless for some reason it works stellar on Angelim Pedra.

Comments (2)