Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rich825

Kitchen color help!!

Rich825
10 years ago

Hi all....love the help and assistance here. This is my first post, but I am a long time reader. I have tried and tried to find the right color for my kitchen to no avail. I have painted and repainted and can't seem to find the right thing.

I have one of those big, open houses with family room adjoining kitchen. The family room is painted in Behr "Juicy Fig" PMD-67...a dark olive green color. It has a 2-story fireplace with rust colored stones. And large 2-story purple curtains. I was going for a triadic color scheme in the family room.

The adjoining kitchen has light maple cabinets and a crazy pinkish/orange countertop. The floors are going dark brown wood-look porcelain later this week.

I have tried a neutral gray in the kitchen...it looked horrible. I tried a soft green...it looks bad.

Attached is a picture...edited in the Behr helper with a soft green yellow (and my angry wife on the couch...lol).

According to Behr's site, "New Penny" will provide a match to my juicy fig? Seems kinda bold. Hopefully the picture will give you an idea. Help...PLEASE!

Thank you all!

Comments (3)